Stores will undergo a deep clean prior to opening.
For in-store employees:
- b8ta employees with a fever of 100.4 degrees or above are required to stay home. Temperatures will be checked whenever employees arrive for shift
- b8ta employees with symptoms consistent with COVID-19, but no fever, are required to stay home
- b8ta employees with symptoms consistent with COVID-19 and a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher are required to stay home for 14 days, or for 7 days after all symptoms abate and temperature has consistently measured as normal
- Employees are required to fill out a survey at the beginning of each shift to confirm their health details
- Employees are required to wear face masks during their shift
- Employees’ personal belongings will be stored in separate bins
- Any boxes or shipments brought into the store will be sanitized
- Employees will wear gloves when receiving shipping, processing or moving inventory, or breaking down boxes
- All products, displays, payment portals, pens, styluses, computers, iPads and store phones will be disinfected after each interaction
- High-contact surfaces (including door handles, displays, etc.) will be disinfected 4 times per day (every 2 hours)
- Entire store will be disinfected at closing time
- Bathrooms will not be available for public use, and will be disinfected at least once per day
- b8ta will not accept cash payments
- A b8ta tester will greet customers at the front door as a concierge to control traffic and sanitation
- Customers will be asked to confirm they are not displaying symptoms nor have a fever over 100.4 degrees. In the event that the concierge is concerned about symptoms, customers may be denied entry.
- Customers will be offered hand sanitizer
- Customers will be required to wear face coverings
- Customers who are a group will be admitted as a unit, with each group served by a single b8ta tester
- If there are more groups than b8ta testers, a queue will be formed outside the store by the concierge. Personal appointments may be booked ahead of time on b8ta.com or if a customer prefers not to wait in line they can book at the door
- Customers must maintain a distance of 6 feet from other customers not in their immediate family group and family groups will be required to remain together while visiting the store.
- Customers will be directed to tour the store along a predetermined route with a b8ta tester who will communicate the measures we are taking to ensure their safety and ask if there are specific products or categories they were hoping to demo while in store.
- Product demos will continue without b8ta testers physically contacting customers. All demo units will be disinfected after each interaction
- b8ta testers will maintain the appropriate 6 foot distance from customers, except where necessary to, for instance, collect payment and will use hand sanitizer afterward
- There will be no community seating or food and drink will not be permitted in stores
- Customers will be encouraged to use tap-to-pay or other non-contact payment methods. b8ta tester will clean and disinfect card readers after each use.
- Returned items will be handled as follows:
- If new and unopened be sanitized and returned to inventory
- If opened be sanitized, placed in a plastic ziplock bag, and stored separately
- In-store events are on hold until further notice however we will begin to host virtual events and virtual appointments from inside these open stores
Guidelines for apparel articles in b8ta or Forum by b8ta stores:
- All hangers will be disinfected after each interaction
- Forum by b8ta fitting room will be disinfected after each use
- Product will be sanitized after each interaction according to the following protocol:
- Sunglasses and jewelry will be sanitized with disinfectant wipes
- Apparel will be steam cleaned after each try-on
- The interior of shoes will be treated with disinfectant spray. All customer must use single-use socks for trying on shoes
We will provide clear signage at each entrance/throughout the store to inform all employees and customers of new protocols and steps that are being taken to ensure safety in store.