Last Updated: November 2016
For the purposes of this Policy, “personal information” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data.
If you are a non U.S. user of the Site, by visiting the Site and providing us with data, you acknowledge and agree that your personal information may be processed for the purposes identified in the Policy. In addition, your personal information may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including the United States, where laws regarding processing of personal information may be less protective than the laws in your country. By providing your data, you consent to such processing and transfer.
WHAT WE COLLECT
We get information about you in a range of ways.
- Information You Give Us. When you make a reservation for a product demonstration, we collect certain information including your first and last name, phone number, email address, and date and time of the appointment. If you subscribe to our mailing list, we will collect your first and last name and email address. When you purchase products from our Stores, we may collect your name, address, email address, telephone number(s) and credit or debit card information (with the expiration date). In addition, we collect transaction information related to your purchases (such as what you bought, the price you paid, the payment method you used and if the product was on sale). We also collect other information you directly give us, such as information associated with an email when you send us an email.
- Information We Get From Others. We may get information about you from other sources, including third-party reservation systems, data suppliers and public databases, including your first and last name, email address, phone number and scheduling details. We may add this to information we get from this Site.
- Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log information about you and your computer or access device. For example, when visiting our Site, we may log your IP address or device ID, computer or mobile operating system type, browser type, browser language and settings, versions and package IDs of software installed on your computer or device, the website you visited before browsing to our Site, search terms you enter using our Site or on a referral site, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access dates and times and information about your use of and actions on our Site. We may also collect information regarding the computer or device you use to read our emails and your interactions with our messages, such as the links you click on and whether you open or forward a message, and the date and time of these interactions.
- Cookies. We may log information using small data files stored on your hard drive by a website (“Cookies”). We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site. This type of information is collected to make the Site more useful to you and to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs.
- Do Not Track. We do not currently respond to “do not track” signals from web browsers.
- Aggregate Information. “Aggregate Information” is non-personally identifiable/anonymous information about you, such as age, gender, types of products purchased, frequency of Store visits, Site pages you access most frequently or search terms you enter. Aggregate Information is used in a collective manner, and no single person can be identified by that compiled information. For example, the number of people who visited our Site during a specific time period or the number of people who shopped at our Stores who are 25 years of age is Aggregate Information that does not personally identify a specific user. Both our Site and our Stores collect Aggregate Information.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal information as follows:
- We use your personal information to operate, maintain, and improve our Sites and Stores.
- We use your personal information to help us better understand the products and services most helpful to you.
- We use your personal information to provide services to you such as emailing you your receipt after you purchase products from our Stores.
- We use your personal information to solicit feedback, respond to comments and questions and provide customer service.
- We use your personal information to send information including confirmations, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- We use your personal information to communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners.
- We use your personal information to link or combine user information with other personal information.
If you make any comments on a blog or other interactive forum associated with our Site, you should be aware that any personal information you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these comments.
We may create anonymous data or Aggregate Information from personal information by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We reserve the right to use such data for any purpose.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share personal information as follows:
- We may share personal information with your consent. For example, you may let us share personal information with others for their own marketing uses. Those uses will be subject to their privacy policies.
- We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- We may share personal information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- We may share information to comply with laws.
- We may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal processes.
- We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- We may share information with those who need it to do work for us.
We reserve the right to share anonymous data or Aggregate Information with third parties, including but not limited to, our product partners for their own uses.
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
Our marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out” of future commercial messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
You may send requests about personal information to our Contact Information below. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, and update your personal information.
You can typically remove and reject Cookies from our Site with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept Cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our Cookies, it could affect how our Site works for you.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS (As provided by California Civil Code Section 1798.83)
California residents have the right to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed certain types of personal information (if any) for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year. At our option, we may respond by providing instructions about how our users can prevent our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. You can read these instructions in the sections above entitled “Sharing of Personal Information” and “Information Choices and Changes”. Or, if you are a California resident and prefer that we send you a separate response, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org We reserve our right not to respond to requests submitted other than to the email address specified in this paragraph.
A NOTE ABOUT CHILDREN
We do not intentionally gather personal information from visitors who are under the age of 13. If a child under 13 submits personal information to b8ta and we learn that the personal information is the information of a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any personal information from a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
- b8ta, inc.
- 164 Townsend Street, Unit 4
- San Francisco, CA 94107