Last Updated: November 2016
WHAT WE COLLECT
SUMMARY: We collect personal information that you provide to us and that we collect through a variety of technological means.
We get information about you in a range of ways.
- Information You Give Us. When you register for an account on our Site, we collect certain information including your first and last name, company name, title, email address, company address, and phone number. We also collect other information you directly give us, such as information associated with an email when you send us an email.
- Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log information about you and your computer or access device. For example, when visiting our Site, we may log your IP address or device ID, computer or mobile operating system type, browser type, browser language and settings, versions and package IDs of software installed on your computer or device, the website you visited before browsing to our Site, search terms you enter using our Site or on a referral site, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access dates and times and information about your use of and actions on our Site. We may also collect information regarding the computer or device you use to read our emails and your interactions with our messages, such as the links you click on and whether you open or forward a message, and the date and time of these interactions.
- Cookies. We may log information using small data files stored on your hard drive by a website (“Cookies”). We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site. This type of information is collected to make the Site more useful to you and to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs.
- Do Not Track. We do not currently respond to “do not track” signals from web browsers.
- Payment Services. If you are authorized by b8ta to pay fees owed to b8ta through the Site, we may collect your name, address, email address, telephone number(s) and company credit or debit card information (with the expiration date). We use the payment services of Stripe (https://stripe.com) for online payments and/or Automated Clearing House (ACH) payouts. We do not process, record or maintain your credit card or bank account information. For more information on how payments are handled, or to understand the data security and privacy afforded such information, please refer to https://stripe.com/us/privacy.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
SUMMARY: We use your personal information for our internal purposes and to communicate with you.
We use your personal information as follows:
- We use your personal information to operate, maintain, and improve our Site.
- We use your personal information to solicit feedback, respond to comments and questions.
- We use your personal information to send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
SUMMARY: Unless we have your consent, we only share personal information that is identifiable with you in limited non-commercial situations. We may share aggregated, anonymized data with others for their own uses.
We may share personal information as follows:
- We may share personal information with your consent.
- We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- We may share personal information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- We may share information to comply with laws.
- We may share information to respond to lawful requests and compulsory process.
- We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- We may share information with those who need it to provide services for us (e.g. Stripe for payment processing).
We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for their own uses.
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
SUMMARY: You can update your personal information and opt-out of certain methods of collection and use of your personal information.
Our marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out” of future commercial messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you or your company.
You may send requests about personal information to our Contact Information below to update your personal information.
You can typically remove and reject Cookies from our Site with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept Cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our Cookies, it could affect how our Site works for you.
A NOTE ABOUT CHILDREN
SUMMARY: We do not collect personal information from anyone under the age of 13.
We do not intentionally gather personal information from visitors who are under the age of 13. If a child under 13 submits personal information to b8ta and we learn that the personal information is the information of a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any personal information from a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUMMARY: Non U.S. users consent to processing and transfer of personal information in countries, including the U.S., where laws regarding the processing and transfer of personal information may be less protective than the laws in your country.
If you are a non U.S. user of the Site, by visiting the Site and providing us with data, you acknowledge and agree that your personal information may be processed for the purposes identified in the Policy. In addition, your personal information may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including the United States, where laws regarding processing and transfer of personal information may be less protective than the laws in your country. By providing your data, you consent to such processing and transfer.
- b8ta, inc.
- 121 2nd Street, 6th Floor
- San Francisco, CA 94105